Really there are an advantage in lightweight construction! Yes, there are lots of benefits. Now we are going on economic crises. It is the time of saving all kind of expenditure .But with the increasing demand in implementing infrastructure project, together with many commercial buildings and housing development programmed, a large amount of construction is needed. So why should not we take the advantages of lightweight construction.
WHAT IS LIGHTWEIGHT CONSTRUCTION
Lightweight construction is a construction method that is using different lightweight materials such as wood, plaster, aluminum, glass or steel .This is different from conventional construction that uses concrete and masonry.
Disadvantages of using lightweight construction materials like, its manufacturing creates pollution, wastage during shifting, speed of work cannot be increased as it takes the long time to complete the work, materials are also heavy and inconvenient to transport.
Roof insulation, Thermal insulation, Floors, Panels, Blocks, Road construction, Sun way infill, Tunnel infill etc.
WHICH CONSTRUCTION METHODS TO BE USE
- Thermal performance.
- Environmental impact.
- Local arability of materials and skills.
So give careful consideration to your choice of construction methods early in the project.
Each type of lightweight construction offers different features and benefits. The use of lightweight
construction is continuously increasing all around the world. So it can be highly energy efficient approach to building design and construction.
LIGHTWEIGHT CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS BENEFITS
1. Recycle content provided durability and performance are appropriate for life span.
2. Not threatening to biodiversity.
3. Low toxicity in both production and operation.
4. with low wastage rates.
5. Use locally made products where possible to reduce transportation.
ADVANTAGES OF HEAVYWEIGHT CONSTRUCTION
Lightweight construction brings and scores of advantages including;
- Lightweight construction materials are easy to store and transport.
- Solid and strong construction.
- This is environmentally friendly as well as worker friendly.
- Reduced building time.
- Visual appeal and design flexibility.
- Less expensive.
- Strong thermal, acoustic, fire retardant qualities.
- It saves labor cost.
- It is more efficient.
- Sound insulation is better in lightweight construction.
- Healthy buildings.
- Safety in construction.
- It’s process is taster and similar.
- It’s quieter. No noise of cement drills, of heavy duty machinery.
- It’s more energy efficient. It saves heating and cooling costs.
- Increase in the quality of construction.
- Reducing the construction waste.
- It can lead to better quality control in construction.
- The construction creates light and airy that suits our climate.
- Lightweight construction requires less maintenance.
- It is durability will bring long term savings.
- They have ability to resist shrinking, swelling and cracking.
- It generally requires less cutting and filling .
- Lightweight constructions are very sustainable.
- Benefits of using in earthquake regions.
All these benefits packaged in lightweight construction are a combination and they give architects the flexibility in designing spaces of the future. Over 80 per cent of all interior construction in the developing countries follows the lightweight construction methods.
Many people prefer using lightweight construction because of its advantages. The possible advantages in cost savings could be obtained both in design and construction stages. You should take the advantages of lightweight construction. This is the ideal choice for construction processes.